32 Strange Things - Useless But Funny Info!
32 Strange Things to get your mind off politics....
1. A rat can last longer without water than a camel.
2. Your stomach has to produce a new layer of mucus every two weeks
or it will digest itself.
3. The dot over the letter "i" is called a tittle.
4. A raisin dropped in a glass of fresh champagne will bounce up and
down continuously from the bottom of the glass to the top.
5. A female ferret will die if it goes into heat and cannot find a
6. A duck's quack doesn't echo. No one knows why.
7. A 2 X 4 is really 1-1/2" by 3-1/2".
8. During the chariot scene in "Ben Hur," a small red car can be
seen in the distance (and Heston's wearing a watch).
9. On average, 12 newborns will be given to the wrong parents daily!
(That explains a few mysteries... .)
10. Donald Duck comics were banned from Finland because he doesn't
11. Because metal was scarce, the Oscars given out during World War
II were made of wood
12. The number of possible ways of playing the first four moves per
side in a game of chess is 318,979,564, 000.
13. There are no words in the dictionary that rhyme with orange,
purple and silver.
14 The name Wendy was made up for the book Peter Pan. There was
never a recorded Wendy before.
15. The very first bomb dropped by the Allies on Berlin in World War
II killed the only elephant in the Berlin Zoo.
16. If one places a tiny amount of liquor on a scorpion, it will
instantly go mad and sting itself to death. (Who was the sadist who
17. Bruce Lee was so fast that they actually had to s-l-o-w film
down so you could see his moves. That's the opposite of the norm.
18. The first CD pressed in the US was Bruce Springsteen's "Born in
19. The original name for butterfly was flutterby.
20. The phrase "rule of thumb" is derived from an old English law
which stated that you couldn't beat your wife with anything wider than your
21. The first product Motorola started to develop was a record
player for automobiles. At that time, the most known player on the market
so they called themselves Motorola.
22. Roses may be red, but violets are indeed violet.
23. By raising your legs slowly and lying on your back, you cannot
sink into quicksand.
24. Celery has negative calories. It takes more calories to eat a
piece of celery than the celery has in it to begin with.
25. Charlie Chaplin once won third prize in a Charlie Chaplin
26. Chewing gum while peeling onions will keep you from crying.
27. Sherlock Holmes NEVER said, "Elementary, my dear Watson."
28. An old law in Bellingham, Washington, made it illegal for a
woman to take more than three steps backwards while dancing!
29. The glue on Israeli postage is certified kosher.
30. The Guinness Book of Records holds the record for being the book
most often stolen from public libraries.
31. Astronauts are not allowed to eat beans before they go into
space because passing wind in a spacesuit damages them.
32. Bats always turn left when exiting a cave!
SEE.....NOW WASN'T THAT CALMING AND NICE FOR A CHANGE?.....