Top 10 April Fools Sports Pranks
10. For Packers fans: "Green Bay Packers announce Brett Favre has unretired and is returning to the Packers 'to help in any way I can,'" said Alice A. of St. Paul, Minn. (Wonder what the fan suggestions would be about how Favre could help?)
9. "Assure Mark Sanchez that he will be the Jets' starting quarterback all season," said Carey S. of Palo Alto, Calif. (All season? How about all September?)
8. For the Tampa Bay Buccaneers: "A memo from the NFL that because of their 40 giveaways last season, they will be only team that will not have all its turnovers instantly reviewed due to TV time constraints. Instead, the league will just assume they lost the ball," said Susan R. of New Orleans.
7. For Dolphins fans: "Breaking news in the Miami Herald that Drew Brees has demanded a trade to Miami -- but Dolphins declined because 'we like the guys we've got.'" said John R. of St. Petersburg, Fla.
6. For Tiger Woods: "A letter from Augusta National (because they don't use social media) informing him that he did not properly inform them of a caddy change, therefore if he chooses to play, he must either have Stevie Williams on his bag or carry it himself," said James W. of Atlanta, Ga. (Hit the ball and drag my clubs, hit the ball and … )
5. For Tim Tebow: "Jets give him 'special headphones' developed by NASA that will change any Rex Ryan profanity into a Bible verse," said Curt G. of Savage, Minn.
4. For Cubs fans: "Put World Series tickets on sale now," said Janice H. of Palo Alto, Calif.
3. For Magic fans: "Dwight Howard says he is giving up basketball to pursue a baseball career because a curveball has got to be easier to hit than a free throw," said Peggy C. of Oviedo, Fla.
2. For everyone: "A Kim Kardashian Love Interest TV Special in which she places the name of every unmarried NFL player into a bowl and declares she will pick her next lover. She draws a name with America watching and says, 'Oh no, not him again!'" said Van B. of Los Angeles.
1. For Rams fans: "The Rams announce they have hired someone to replace Gregg Williams as their defensive coordinator -- Dog the Bounty Hunter," said Elias K. of Orlando, Fla.
Don't know about the rest of you but some of us would love to see Dog the Bounty Hunter on a sideline, while others might prefer Kim Kardashian. In any case, beware what you read and hear on Sunday, April 1st, especially because no matter how odd it sounds, it might be true.