You Know You're From Pennsylvania if...
You know you're from Pennsylvania if...
1. "Hey yunz guyz!" is a greeting.
2. You get time off of work/school for the entire three-day doe season.
3. One of the highlights of your life was a field trip to Penn's Cave and Horseshoe curve.
4. You know exactly what to do when your mother tells you to "red up" your room.
5. You know the time and location of every "wing night" in a 20 mile radius.
6. You don't think people from Philly or Pittsburgh talk funny.
7. You don't understand all the hype about Rolling Rock beer; you've been drinking it for years even though Iron City is better.
8. You consider an exotic vacation to be a trip to Ocean City, Virginia Beach, or Myrtle Beach.
9. You are over 35 yrs. old, have never been outside of Pennsylvania and don't see any need to leave.
10. You own only three spices: "salt, pepper and Heinz ketchup." (or possibly A-1 and Heinz 57 sauces)
11. You design your children's Halloween costumes to fit over a snow suit.
12. Driving is always better in winter because the potholes are filled with snow.
13. You find 20 degrees just a little chilly.
14. You can recite the four seasons: winter, still winter, almost winter, and construction.
15. Words like "hoagie", "chipped ham", and "pop" actually mean something to you.
16. You can use the phrase "fire-hall wedding reception" and not even bat an eye.
17. You think very little of an Amish buggy on the road.
18. You learned long ago how to "step carefully" around the buggy tie-ups in the supermarket parking lot.
19. You constantly refer to Pennsylvania as "PA". How many other states do that?
20. You can go 2 weeks in winter without sunshine and think this is normal.
21. You know that Blue Ball, Intercourse, Bird-in-Hand, Mars, Venus, and Slippery Rock are all PA towns.
22. You actually got all these jokes and are forwarding them to your PA friends.